At Playa the health and safety of everyone has always been a priority. We strive to provide our guests, employees and community with the best possible care in our restaurant. In response to the present outbreak of the COVID-19 we have implemented protocols and procedures to ensure your well-being and that of our staff. At this time, all of our employees are in good spirits and in good health. Although we have always followed and enforced strict cleanliness and hygiene practices, we are taking additional steps and have instituted more preventative measures with increased frequency in cleaning and sanitizing of public areas throughout the day. We are committed to upholding the highest of standards in food, service and safety to our guests and employees, especially during a time of need. Our team is staying well informed and as always, we are maintaining open channels of communication. We want to take this opportunity to let you know of the proactive measures we have put in place surrounding the Coronavirus. What we are doing:
- Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Educating our employees on preventative measures provided by the CDC.
- Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices, such as additional wipe downs of all high-contact surfaces including but not limited to the kitchen, bathrooms, counters, table tops, door handles and rails.
- Implementing frequent and heightened sanitation and hand-washing procedures for all employees.
- Discouraging employees from touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- Asking entire personnel to cover their nose and mouth with a tissue when they cough or sneeze.
- Closely monitoring and testing our dish washing machines to ensure proper cleaning and sanitation of all food service equipment as well as silverware, plates and glassware.
For our guests:
- Removed table tops from our dining room and stools from our bar in order to create more space between diners.
- We have transitioned to silverware rolled in linen napkins to keep our utensils from being out in the open.
- Additionally, at the end of your meal should you prefer to wrap-up your own leftovers at your table, our staff will gladly provide you with containers.
As of now we plan to stay open but had to modify our hours due to the impact the present situation has had on the community and business. We will be closing our Kitchen at 9 pm until further notice.
We encourage you to place to-go orders by calling us at 415-384-8871. At this time we would like to offer you a 10% discount on all takeout orders placed directly to the restaurant.
*Delivery is available through Dine-in Marin and Doordash.
We hope that you know how much we appreciate you, your patronage and loyalty. We have had an amazing and very fun 3 year run since we opened our doors and look forward to providing you with many more years of delicious food, great drinks and good times.